Have you recently put your Fishers, IN home on the market? Have you hosted an open house with not so good results or maybe you are planning on hosting your first open house soon? We’ve previously covered the importance of home staging for your Fishers, IN open house. I have some additional tips for what not to have at your open house. Make sure to banish these from your home for the best results on your Fishers, IN open house.
- Poorly maintained exterior: Address all outdoor issues such as weeds, peeling paint, or or a unsightly door. You don’t want to give the wrong idea by showing your home exterior is neglected, they will assume the inside is too.
- Odors: You may not notice the litter box, cigarette smoke or food smells in your home, but, a potential buyer will. Neutralize odors as best as possible with a professional deep-cleaning and deodorizing.
- Pets: You may love your pets, but, not everyone feels that way. Keep the pets and all evidence of them out of your home.
- Valuables: Remove anything you don’t want broken or possibly stolen. This includes prescription drugs, bills/personal documents, jewelry, and any firearms.
- You: Homeowners and their family and friends should never be present during an open house. The buyers need to visualize the home as their own so give them the space to do so and leave the open house to your Fishers, IN real estate agents.
If you still don’t know what to do about prepping your Fishers, IN home to sell then talk to a professional! We are well versed in what it takes to get the job done. Please contact a Fishers, INreal estate agent and we can point you in the right direction. We look forward to hearing from you!
Rodney & Amanda Heard
Heard Real Estate Team