As we discussed earlier in the week, September is a fantastic time to buy a home in Fishers, IN! With home sellers feeling less of a crunch with the start of school behind them you have plenty of time to find the perfect Fishers, IN home for you. There is more to just finding the house that has the right number of rooms and a style that you like. You need to make sure the home fits in with your lifestyle needs, it’s in your price range, and that down the road it will resell for a good amount.
Here are five questions that Realtor Magazine recommends every buyer consider, which we full agree with:
- How’s the noise? The home might look great, but is it on a flight path? Near railroad tracks or a busy road? By a hospital with ambulances or fire trucks roaring by? Loud neighbors? You might want to visit the neighborhood at different times of the day and see what the surrounding environment is like.
- Are there easements or encroachments on the property? An easement would allow others to use a portion of your property for a specific purpose, so as the homeowner of that property, you’d definitely want to know that before buying!
- Is the house up to code? If the current home sellers did some major renovation projects on the house before listing, and didn’t get a permit first, there might be fines that you’ll then be responsible for.
- What are the districts? If you have kids, you’ll definitely want to check the school ratings, but even if you don’t have kids, the school system could affect the value of the home. Also check to see if you’re in a library, park or police district. These could all affect fees and taxes that you pay.
- What are the local rules? Homeowner association rules vary, so you’ll want to find out what those are before moving in. Also, if you are relocating to the Indianapolis area, check the rules by the city and county, to see what you’re allowed and not allowed to do as homeowner in that area.
Please contact a Fishers, IN real estate agent before you start shopping for your perfect Fishers, IN home. We can help you find answers and save you time. Just don’t go rushing into a closing without really knowing what you’re getting yourself into. You’ll be happy you took the time to find these answers in the long run!
Rodney & Amanda Heard
Heard Real Estate Team