The warm weather is here and whether you plan on selling your Carmel, IN home or you just want to improve your home, now is the perfect time! Take advantage of spring’s rejuvenating effects to get some home improvement done around your Carmel, IN home. If your house could talk, it would tell you that spending a little money now on small repairs could save you big bucks down the road. We’ve put together some of the best small updates for keeping your home happy and your wallet full.
- Caulk. Caulk degrades after time, remove old caulking and replace it with a new paint-grade formula around windows and doors to seal out moisture.
- Paint. Painting your house at the first sign of peeling will protect the siding and structure from weather and water damage. Don’t wait until further damage is done
- Circuit breakers. Every two or three months, simply flip each breaker off and back on. This simple step costs nothing but can increase the circuits’ lifespan enormously.
- Attic. One of the greatest sources of heat loss in a home is inadequate insulation in an unfinished attic. Lay new insulation batts on top of old ones, or rent a blower unit and blow in noncellulose fiber insulation to a depth of 8.5 inches.
- Water heater. Every fall, follow the instructions printed on the heater or in the owner’s manual to keep your unit in tip-top shape by simply flushing it out once a year.
All of these cheap or free fixes take anywhere from an hour to a weekend plus a little bit of investment, but they result in serious cash savings down the road before a bigger problem exists. Why not get started this weekend? If you are researching these projects because you want to sell your Carmel, IN home look to an experienced Carmel, IN real estate agent. We hope to speak with you soon!
Rodney & Amanda Heard
Heard Real Estate Team